EndNote, Mendeley, RefWorks, Citavi, Zotero, JabRef?
Some things to consider when choosing a program:
- Is the program compatible with my operating system and word processing package?
- Do I need remote access to my reference collection?
- Do I need to share my reference sets with others? What are they using?
- Can I transfer my references to another system? Different organisations use different systems.
- Am I willing to undertake some online tutorials or attend some training to learn how to use the software effectively?
- Where are my references stored?
- Is the program available on University-owned computers? (Usually not an issue for web-based tools).
- Which tool do researchers in your discipline tend to use? Does it matter? Talk to people in your department.
Managing References: http://bit.ly/ZcetWx